Friday, May 16, 2008
Hell Hath No Fury
One of my students is being ignored by her friends. It's a long, disturbing story that I can't and won't get into here, but suffice it to say, she's hurt. A year ago, I would have felt badly for her, but now it raises some kind of mommy viper in me, and I just want to tear into the kids who are hurting her. This is a girl I have a special bond with, and I admit that I'm protective of her, but I had no idea just how much of a mother bear I have in me. I didn't do anything, or say anything to those awful kids, and I won't, but it did make me think. If I'm this passionate about a student's hurt feelings, how on earth am I going to handle it when Hayden gets her feelings hurt? I've already gotten my feelings hurt on her behalf once, and it wasn't pretty. I just don't know. I'm glad I have a few years (I have a few years, right?) before I really have to deal with this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment